Goor (Ov): reformed Petrus- or Hofkerk
The old church
of Goor, in catholic times known as St. Petrus, after the Reformation
often called Petruskerk and recently renamed Hofkerk, was built at the
oldest part of the town, although Goor's center has moved a bit since.
Although the church is first mentioned in 1347, probably a tuff church
stood on this location as early as the 12th century, possibly predated
by a wooden church ever since the 9th century.
In 1581, during the Eighty Years War, the church and the tower were
largely destroyed. Rebuilding began in 1604, and in 1640 the church was
extended in eastern direction. In 1854-1855 a transept-like
construction was added to the north side. The church has several
entrance in early neo-Gothic style, all added in the 1850's.