(L): O.L. Vrouw
Onbevlekt Ontvangen (J. Stuyt, 1925-1926)
Cuypers built the first church for this small village. It was a
small and simple neo-Gothic church with no tower. In 1926 J. Stuyt
replaced the work of his tutor with a new church elsewhere in the
village. The old church was given a new function, but was demolished
anyway in 1992.
The church of Koningsbosch holds a special position in Stuyt's work.
Although he built churches with a similar lay-out in Heiloo (NH) and De
Steeg (G) later, this one is built of natural stone instead of bricks.
The use of irregular formed pieces of stone, in this case Nivelsteiner,
reminds of some of this province's oldest Romanesque churches. It's a
pseudo-basilican three-aisled cruciform church. The slightly pointed,
almost semi-circular windows are typical for this period in Stuyt's
career. The transept is slightly lower than the nave. The nave has an