(Fr): reformed church
The reformed church of Dronrijp (Dronryp in Frisian), originally named
St. Salvius, is a one-aisled building with a polygonal choir. The
original smaller Romanesque church was rebuilt in Gothic style in 1504.
The northern wall of the nave still shows Romanesque details. The tower
was built in 1544 and is in late-Gothic style. Unusual for this
province is the presence of an octagonal upper part.
In the 17th century portals in Classical style were added to both the
nave and the choir, while the entire church was plastered and painted.
During a restoration in 1958-1959 this coat was removed from the tower